To provide a professional and confidential counselling service to students enabling them to develop emotional fitness and mental resilience.
1. Provide one to one sessions for students (5 sessions per day)
2. Be involved in facilitating small groups on themes of friendships, self-confidence and self-esteem
3. Manage a caseload of students
4. Keep case records/notes on each counselling session and keep in a secure place in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
5. Attend line management, team meetings and training as required.
6. Attend regular counselling supervision with your external supervisor
7. Refer child protection concerns to Lead/senior counsellor and to the designated person within the school
To be on or to have completed a relevant counselling and psychotherapy course PG Dip/ degree
Ability to work on your own and be friendly and approachable in nature
Completed a ‘readiness to practice’
Understanding of safeguarding and confidentiality in schools.
Willingness to be part of a team approach.
To have completed a previous placement with children and young people
Experience of working with children and young people
Member of a professional body eg. BACP / UKCP
Click on the below link to apply for the position
Completed application forms should reach the School no later than 9am on
Monday 17th June 2019
Nottingham High Infant and Junior School is part of Nottingham High School which is co-educational from 4 to 18 years. We are situated on the edge of Nottingham City Centre close to the Arboretum and Nottingham Trent University. Although the school is over 500 years old we try to be modern and progressive in all that we do.
We are an independent, academic selective school which enables us to keep our class sizes small. We believe that excellent pastoral care underpins all that we do. We aim to offer a broad curriculum which exploits the best of class teaching as well as subject specialists.
Nottingham High Infant and Junior School is a great place to work. We have a fabulous teaching and support staff team who work hard to give our pupils the best possible primary education. We also socialise with regular whole school events as well as more informal gatherings. We really hope that you apply to become part of our team.
Applications from NQTs are welcome.
Tours of the school will be done as part of the interview process.
What we are looking for:
· An excellent primary school teacher who has high expectations for all children
· A passion for teaching and learning.
· Excellent communicator with pupils, parents and colleagues.
· An ability to enthuse and engage with the whole staff team.
· A willingness to contribute to our extensive co-curricular programme.
What we can offer you:
· Friendly, motivated and well-behaved pupils.
· A friendly, motivated staff team.
· Small classes with ample resources.
· Excellent facilities – theatre, gym, swimming pool, music house, on-site parking etc.
· Generous salary - above mainscale.
· Great CPD opportunities and support for your career whatever stage you are at.
Please click on the below link to apply for the position
Completed application forms should reach the School no later than 10am on Monday 3rd June 2019. Interviews to taking place on Friday 14th June 2019.
This role constitutes Regulated Activity and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, with a check of the Children’s Barred List, is required for this position in addition to other pre-employment checks.